- Value and Strive for Academic Rigor, High Standards, and Achievement
- Instill Independence and Self-Confidence in our Students
- Support Collaboration and Unity
- Incorporate Technology throughout Campus
- Open the Doors toward Tolerance and Compassion
- Nurture a Safe and Respectful Learning Environment
Located in the Rivermark area of Santa Clara, Don Callejon School serves students in the Santa Clara Unified School District (see detailed attendance boundaries for more information).
The $21 million, 74,500 square-foot school opened in 2006, providing students and faculty with a modernized, beautiful campus for learning and recreation.
In addition to modern classrooms, students enjoy access to a state-of-the-art Media Center and Computer Lab with both wireless and hardwired Internet access. A Multi-Purpose Building with a stage, wall tables and basketball court serves as a place for assemblies, dining, plays and sports activities.
Classrooms are located around a central courtyard which features an outdoor theater and grassy knolls. The courtyard also includes an outdoor lunch area. Outdoor play areas are divided into areas for kindergarten, elementary and middle school and are be located adjacent to a City park.
The school is named in honor of Don Callejon, former Superintendent, Boardmember and dedicated employee of Santa Clara Unified School District for 43 years.